Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pre-Draft Workout, June 6

Andre Iguodola
On the workout:
“It went pretty good. I had an early wakeup this morning, ate some breakfast, so I was prepared. A lot of the things we did, I do a lot with (Chicago-based trainer) Tim Grover at Hoops Gym, so I was well prepared thanks to those guys over there. I think I did real well in the one-on-one’s, I was aggressive and showed them my offensive skills. I think I showed them I can play a little bit of defense too. I can use my length to my advantage and get my hands on a lot of balls, things like that. I also shot the ball well in the spot shooting, so I’m pretty happy with my performance.”
On his other workouts:
“This was my fourth workout and it was pretty much like I thought it would be. I just came from (Washington) DC, before that I was in Charlotte and last week Chicago. The last three (workouts), I talked to a couple of guys who had worked out here already, so they gave me a little bit of input on what was going to be going on. My mindset was pretty straight on what I needed to get done today and I think I did that.”
Wilkins Wilkins
Damien Wilkens
On the workout:
“The workout went well, it was fun. Things were real energetic. I think the guys really came to work today and the coaches did a really good job with instruction. It was everything I’ve been looking forward to and I have been especially looking forward to this one. (Hawks GM) Billy Knight was saying at the conclusion of it all, that a lot of the stuff we do is pretty much the same as most of the other workouts. And it’s true, there’s not much that’s different. From workout to workout it’s still basketball, so it has been fun. I really like the enthusiasm and energy that was out there today. It was a good Sunday.
On his other workouts:
“This is was my second one. I worked out with Miami last week and that went well. Like I said, I was really looking forward to this one today and I really wanted to do well. It’s been fun, I’m having a great time.”
On being asked if there was any extra pressure with his father (former NBA player) Gerald Wilkins and uncle (Hawks Vice President of Basketball) Dominique Wilkins in attendance:
“Ya think there was extra pressure (with a large grin on his face)! Seriously, there’s not much pressure at all. There used to be when I was younger, when I was immature and couldn’t really handle it. Now I’ve grown up and going through all that has definitely helped me. It helps to have those guys around, makes me want to do that much better. I think about the things that my dad tells me all the time and I have my uncle around, undoubtedly one of the greatest to ever play, and that’s been a great influence on me. It helps me so much and brings me a lot of energy.”
On his style of play (excluding the obvious comparisons):
“I’m an open court type of player. I like to be on the run … get it and go so to speak. I don’t like to stand around. I like to move a lot, create shots for myself, create shots for other players and make plays. I just like to make plays and play off of instinct. I guess I would say I’m kind of like a Paul Pierce-type."


  • Workout Recaps:
    May 18: Michael Haynes, Herve Lamizana, James Moore, Damir Omerhodzic
    May 20: Terrence Hill, Royal Ivey, Lamont McIntosh, Rashad Wright
    May 22: Rafael Araujo, Kyle Davis, Chris Garnett, David Harrison
    May 25: Luke Jackson, RIcky Minard, J.R. Smith, Kirk Snyder
    May 28: Marcus Douthit, Scott Emerson, Marco Killingsworth, Nate Williams
    June 1: Josh Childress, Brandon Mouton, Bryant Matthews, Josh Smith
    June 2: Brandon Bass, Al Jefferson, Anderson Varejao, Peja Samardziski
    June 3: Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Romain Sato, Dorell Wright

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment