Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pre-Draft Workout, May 25

Luke Jackson
How did your workout go today?
"I thought it was a good workout. I shot the ball well and I felt like I did what I do, and I did it pretty well. I felt comfortable out here. These workouts fall under my strengths, shooting the ball, making decisions and playing individual defense so I felt good about it."
How many teams do you expect to workout for before the draft?
"I think I’m going to workout for about 10 teams; I’ve already worked out for five so this is my sixth workout. I felt good about it."
Who in the NBA is your game similar to?
"I’m a scorer. When I have the ball in my hands I make good decisions and I think I make other people better on the court. So I compare my game to a Doug Christie [of the Sacramento Kings] or Rip Hamilton [of the Detroit Pistons], a scorer who can run and is athletic."
Where do you expect to be selected in the draft?
"Right now, I’m hearing between eight and 18. That’s what I’m hearing, but you never know. I just go in every place and try to work hard."

Ricky Minard
(On workout performance)
“It went very well. There was good competition in here today. It went really well for me. My performance was an eight out of ten. I did really good.”
(On team workouts)
“This is my tenth workout. I have four more teams left. From here, I will go straight to New Orleans, then on to Boston, Chicago and Indiana. Today was about the same as the other workouts. I would probably rank this in the middle as far as the intensity.”
(On draft prospects)
“I hope my chances are really high. It is really up to everybody else to decide.”
(On individual game)
“When I was in college, I was compared to Dwyane Wade because of all the things he can do. He scores and passes the ball very well. He is also aggressive.”

J.R. Smith
(On workout performance)
“I think it went good. I struggled for the first couple of minutes. Going against the college guys was pretty hard, but overall I think it went good.”
(Other team workouts)
“This week I’m going to D.C. to work out for the Wizards, and then I will go back home to New Jersey and work out for the Nets. This is my second workout so far. Yesterday, I worked out with Boston. That workout was really different because we had to do the Celtic run, which was very different from this one. This group had smaller and more competitive guys.”
(On individual game)
“I would compare my game to Vince Carter. We both have a lot of athletic ability. We both like to dunk, shoot the ball, and have intensity.”
(On draft prospects)
“I think I’m a ten out of ten, so I’m going to get drafted.”

Kirk Snyder
How was your workout today?
"Like all my workouts, they go pretty well. I shoot the ball well. I play well. I like to play basketball, so it’s pretty easy. It’s not like picking teeth, when you step on the basketball court it’s pretty exciting. It’s something that I can do and something that I’m capable of."
What’s the greatest skill you bring to the NBA?
"I’m tough. I’m really tough. I have a tough spirit. I’ve got a background that makes me that way. I’m a good teammate. I won’t accept anything short of the best. That’s how I’ve always been, and how I’ll continue to be."
How many teams do you plan to workout for before the draft?
"I’ll workout for a couple more. Obviously, I don’t know the political side of things but my agent is going to take care of everything. He’s going to take care of everything else and I’m going to do my part and play basketball."
Who’s game is yours similar to in the NBA?
"Somebody asked me that in Portland, I’m Kirk Snyder. I’m my own player. I don’t want to take away anybody’s credit because I’m not in the league, and I’m not doing some of the things those guys have already done. So it seems like taking away from them to compare myself to them."
Who did you model yourself on growing up?
"Guys like Dominique [Wilkins], Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic [Johnson], all of those guys from the ‘80s. They just played so hard. That’s all I want to do every time I step on the court, just to play as hard as I can."




  • Workout Recaps:
    May 18: Michael Haynes, Herve Lamizana, James Moore, Damir Omerhodzic
    May 20: Terrence Hill, Royal Ivey, Lamont McIntosh, Rashad Wright
    May 22: Luke Jackson, Ricky Minard, J.R. Smith, Kirk Snyder







      • Wed 12/29
        7:00 PM
      • Sat 1/8
        7:00 PM
        Tue 1/11
        7:00 PM
        Sat 1/15
        7:00 PM
        Mon 1/17
        4:00 PM
        Fri 1/21
        7:30 PM
        Fri 1/28
        7:30 PM
      • Wed 2/2
        7:00 PM
        Fri 2/4
        7:30 PM
        Tue 2/8
        7:00 PM
        Sat 2/12
        7:00 PM
      • Wed 3/2
        7:00 PM
        Fri 3/4
        7:30 PM
        Sun 3/6
        6:00 PM
        Tue 3/8
        7:00 PM
        Sat 3/12
        7:00 PM
        Wed 3/16
        7:00 PM
        Fri 3/18
        7:30 PM
        Sun 3/20
        2:00 PM
        Tue 3/22
        8:00 PM
        Sat 3/26
        7:00 PM
        Wed 3/30
        7:00 PM
      • Fri 4/1
        8:00 PM
        Tue 4/5
        7:00 PM
        Mon 4/11
        7:00 PM





    No comments:

    Post a Comment