Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pre-Draft Workout, May 28

Marcus Douthit

How was today's workout?
"I think it well. All the guys that were here are a lot better than they showed today. As far as my workout went, I thought it went pretty well."
How many workouts have you had so far?
"This is my eighth. A lot of them have been similar. I think we shot the ball a lot more here than some of the other places. But it was a lot like the rest of them."
Is the process grueling at all, having done eight workouts?
"It's not that grueling, not the workout aspect. It's just all the travel, between all the airports, that gets tiring. But the workouts haven't been bad at all."
Can you compare your game to any current NBA player?
"Right now, I think my game somewhat resembles Marcus Camby. I think I have the same type of game, but I can shoot the ball well also."
Any thought as to where you'll be drafted next month?
"I don't know anything right now. I'm just working out the best I can. As my agent said 'you don't know who likes you or doesn't like you. You just have to go to these things and go the hardest you can go."

Emerson Emerson
Scott Emerson
On the workout:
“I thought things went pretty well out there. They put us through a bunch of different drills to see what we could do. It was a good run, good competition. It seemed like a pretty standard workout, pretty much what other teams do. Nothing really unexpected happened.”
On his other scheduled team visits:
“Today was my second visit. I’ve also been to Houston and I’m going to Milwaukee next.” On his style of play:
“I’m more of a skills guys … shooting, passing, things like that. I play forward but I’m not necessarily an athletic leaper or anything like that. I’m more of spot-up shooter, which is pretty much my game. I’d say I play a little like Scott Padgett.”

Killingsworth Killingsworth
Marco Killingsworth
How did it go today?
"It was my first workout. It's a big transition for me from college. I should have made more shots than what I did. It was my first one, so there were some jitters."
How was the competition out there?
"I was a little bit out of position (against these guys). I normally play the three, but I was out there as a four or five. I just tried to hold my own."
Do you have any more workouts scheduled?
"I think I still have the Pacers and the Bucks."
Is there any player in the NBA you can compare your game to? Has anyone ever compared you to Rodney Rogers?
"He certainly was a great college player. He's big and he can shoot the ball. And he's definitely quick for his size. That's a compliment...he was a top five pick."

Williams Williams
Nate Williams
On the workout:
“It was a pretty good workout. I don’t think I shot as well as I’m capable of, but overall it was good. Everything was pretty much what I anticipated it would be, no surprises. I think we all did well”
On his other scheduled team visits:
“This was my fifth or sixth workout. A few places I’ve been are Detroit, Washington, Memphis and New Orleans. Seems like I’m running all over the place (with a smile).”
On his style of play:
“I’m kind of a scoring power forward who can also play the three. I can score inside and outside. I guess I’m sort of a utility man for the frontcourt. I don’t really pattern my game after anyone but if I had to pick a NBA player who I’m similar to, it would have to be Kevin Garnett.”


  • Workout Recaps:
    May 18: Michael Haynes, Herve Lamizana, James Moore, Damir Omerhodzic
    May 20: Terrence Hill, Royal Ivey, Lamont McIntosh, Rashad Wright
    May 22: Rafael Araujo, Kyle Davis, Chris Garnett, David Harrison
    May 25: Luke Jackson, RIcky Minard, J.R. Smith, Kirk Snyder

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment